Policies & Procedures
Student Drop Off and Pick Up:
Please see the attached map for specific location and drop off and pick up instructions. Please try to be on time for both drop off and pick up, as the ASU students participating in the program have other school commitments throughout the day. If you are going to be late for pick up (after 2:00 pm), please call Dr. Sibley on his cell phone at 828‐773‐3912.
Late Drop Off Procedure:
The ASU students responsible for escorting the children from the curb to the gym will come inside at 1:00 pm sharp. Therefore, for safety purposes, participants arriving late will need to park on campus and the parent/guardian will need to physically escort the child/children into the gym. Parking is available in the ASU parking deck on Rivers Street. See Dr. Sibley for a parking pass after parking.
All students and teachers will be expected to follow these rules during, before, and after PE class:
- Support Others and Be a Good Sport
Students are expected to be polite, respectful, and supportive of their fellow students and their teachers.
- Participate – Give 100%
We want every student to learn and have fun in PE class. The best way to do this is to give your best effort in every activity.
- Always Think Safety
Safety is our #1 priority. Think before you act. Is what you are about to do safe for yourself? For others?
- Remember to Listen & Follow Directions
Whenever you hear the whistle, Stop, Look, and Listen. Following directions is important for both safety and so everyone in class can be successful.
- Kindness Given will be Kindness Returned
Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Consequences for breaking class rules
- 1st offense: Quiet warning from your teacher.
- 2nd offense: Time out until the student is ready to follow the class rules.
- 3rd offense: Time out for the remainder of the class period.
- Ongoing/repeated behavior issues will be handled on an individual basis by Dr. Sibley.
- ASU policy requires athletic shoes only for students attending class. Please, no flip-flops, sandals, or boots.
- All students must wear their ASU Home School PE tee shirt (included in registration fee, will be passed out on 1st day of class). Students should wear a plain gray tee shirt if they cannot wear their ASU PE shirt on a particular day.
1st Day of Class
The first day of class will be Tuesday, September 12. Attendance is required for all students on this day. We will cover our rules and procedures for the ASU Home School PE program during this class. If you cannot attend class this day, please make alternative arrangements with Dr. Sibley for your children to go over our rules and expectations.